Scheduled Rhinoplasty, taking Kaletra and Truvada. Should I change time of medication?

Jul 2012

I will be operated on for a Rhinoplasty. ( Next month )The operation will be at 7 AM,
The operation will last 3 hours. It will be at anambulatory hospital. If needed I would stay overnight.
I have not yet decided if it will be General Anesthesia of local anesthesia plus sedation.
My medications for VIH are Kaletra and Truvada.

My Kaletra dosage is divided into 2 pills at 8.20 AM and 8.20 PM
Truvada is 1 pill at 2,20.
My medication will be at the time of the operation , my VIH DR. tells me shortly before the operation , to change the time of the Kaletra at 5 AM, and 5 PM
And the Truvada at 4pm on that date.
Is this a good idea? Do you have a better option?
Also Prednisolone was chosen as an inflamatory and for emergency use during the operation; regarding this drug as the less damaging to my VIH condition, Is there a better choice? or do you agree with this choice.
My viral load is UD and CD4 599,
The interactions with the anesthesia or local sedation with my VIH medications, the DR can only think of Midazolam use, which he says it wont have major effects since my use of clonazepan, and tafil with no interactions. He said fine, as if you were VIH free, do you agree wth this? XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 27 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 8 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX We are thousands of miles apart & as such it is usually difficult to comment with conviction as regards best course of treatment etc. But if my understanding of your predicament is correct, you wish simply to double check if the advice you have recieved is up to speed!? I have looked through your entire history provided & the advice you have recieved from your treating doctors' & will have to say quite simply ..they are on the right track. On all three counts/questions you have raised, i will have to Agree & answer in the affirmative! I do understand your trepidation & anxiety but i assure you, a little tweak here & there will not harm or alter any long term prognosis in the least bit!
I see your viral loads et al compare favourably with that in 2010 & that augurs well for you. Say a silent prayer & get on with it. Am sure you will come out with flying colours. I take it the rhinoplasty is being performed to rid you of those allergies you complained of initially & wish you every success. Wish you continued Good Health & Reassure you that all those deciscions taken are to the best of my knowledge correct & taken in your best interest. Cheers & GodSpeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venreologist, XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India