Scared about medication. Stopped medication for stress. Feel very numb. What to do?

Dec 2014

please i feel so sceared about it medcion or stop medicion for strees and now i stop my medicion but i am no well feel very numb so what i have to do please
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Gradual tapering the dose is good

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Abrupt discontinuation of any psychiatric drug may cause withdrawal symptoms and which may present as numbness, irritability, insomnia etc symptoms. You are taking mirtazepine which acts by increasing serotonin neurotransmission so sudden stopping if drug is causing the numbness. Similarily the withdrawal of resperidone is manifesting. I would advise you to consult your psychiatrist for proper advise. You can reduce the doses by 25% per week and stop the dose completely at end of 4th week. This will prevent the symptoms, you can take clonazepam to reduce anxiety.

Hope I cleared your doubt, if you have more questions you can ask again.