Ask a Urologist   »  

Scar on penis, green pus like discharge, itching, throbbing pain in groin. On candid-b cream. What should I do?

i am 26 years old and never had the sexual intercourse before but i have a problem at my penis. i have a scar of about 5mm there which delivers greenish yellow fluid (pusslike) regularly and i also have etching problem there. i have also suffering light trobbing pain at the right groin and some sort of tumor is there. i had visited the STD doctor but he said it is not a big issue and only treated me with the cream on etching - candid-B. he also told that it is not harmful thing and scar can be sealed with operation but it is not necessary to do this. please guide me regarding this.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 33 minutes later

You are not going to have a sexually transmitted disease (STD), so you need to stop seeing STD doctor here.

I will like to know where exactly is the scar located. And explain what you feel as tumor on the thigh.

It shall also be great if you could send high resolution pictures of the lesion to help me answer your questions better.

However, I still think you should see physician; get examined by him and rule out tuberculosis primarily.

Awaiting your reply.

Follow-up: Scar on penis, green pus like discharge, itching, throbbing pain in groin. On candid-b cream. What should I do? 16 hours later
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Sir, the scar is at about the middle length of the penis and it is located on outer skin which touches the testis in normal position.
(I can send you the photographs but don't know how to attach them to this section; so please guide me regarding this.)

This scar is actually an opening to a small vein running from middle portion of the testis (central part between two testis balls) to penis and the puss comes out of a small hole at this opening.

When I first observed this problem of puss extraction at the age of 14 years, I also observed a ring shaped ulcer on inner side of the penis (after stretching the outer skinfold back) and near the head of penis but it get cured in 2-3 days and never came back again.

The tumor doesn't pain severely but it gives throbbing light pain regularly. It is not big in size and can't be observed from outside but it is noticable when groin is pressed with fingures. Even after pressing it hardly it doesn't pain very much but the throbbing pain continues. The tumor is present in the right groin only and my left groin is absolutely normal.

Actually Sir, I have read about the STD called 'Bubo' and think that these symptoms are very much similar to this disease.

I am bearing this problem from last 12 years but had not suffered beyond above mentioned light throbbing pain and etching with pusslike fluid extraction.

Sir, I am going to get married in coming year and hence want to be very clear regarding this problem before beginning my married life and I don't want my would be wife to suffer any kind of problem due to this.

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 5 hours later

Your problem suggests that you have pus discharging sinus with enlarged lymph node (Groin swelling). Usually this is the presentation of bubo. However, you have never had intercourse before.

It is possible that you have infected sebaceous cyst on the penis and subsequent to it the enlarged lymph node. See a surgeon for the same.

The other possibility can be still bubo. Taking doxycycline may help. Please discuss about this with your treating doctor.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries. Wish you Good Health.

Follow-up: Scar on penis, green pus like discharge, itching, throbbing pain in groin. On candid-b cream. What should I do? 20 hours later
Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for your guidance.

Sir, can you suggest me the name of any physician from Pune / Baramati who can give me a treatment on this. If possible, can you please give me the address / contact details also.

One more thing Sir, can I have your contact no. please so that it will be helpful for me to get your guidance if needed.

Thank you once again Sir.

With Best Regards,
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 23 hours later

There are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area using the link WWW.WWWW.WW

You may also drop in a mail to YYYY@YYYY regarding your requests and you will be guided further. One of our customer care executives will assist you further in finding a good doctor.

I am sorry, as per the policy I cannot give you my personal contact number; however you can write to me with your details at YYYY@YYYY referring my name, I shall reply you as soon as possible.