Scar appeared after an injury on forehead. How to get rid of it?

Couple of months back I had an injury when a tennis racquet was hit on my forehead while playing. It healed well and i expected that the XXXXXXX will also go soon. But now i've realized that it's not going at all. Please suggest me what to do to get rid of that hit XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 29 minutes later
It seems most probably your injury healed with post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

To treat the same, follow these recommendations-
1) use a good sunscreen of SPF more than 30. Sunscreens as such do not treat pigmentation, however they prevent the already existing pigmentation from darkening further. So a sunscreen should be used in any pigmentation issues.
2) take oral vitamin c and antioxidant supplements daily for couple of weeks
3) apply a Kojic acid ,liquorice arbutin based cream like kojivit in morning and a triple combination cream containing tretinoin, hydro quinone and mometasone in night( skinlite or melalite XL) for two to three weeks. Do not use these creams for more than three weeks.
4) you can also consult a dermatologist to take few sessions of spot chemical peels to reduce pigmentation.
5) if nothing helps, Lasers are the last resort to remove pigmentation.

However I guess, your problem will resolve with topical treatment alone. In case of any doubt always consult a dermatologist nearby.

Hope that answers your query. Should there be more queries, I would be available to answer them further. Take care.