Scanty periods after the frequent intake of contraceptive pills. What could be done?

my period is very thin and last for days only for 2 days since last 3 years. it happened due to use of many oral contraceptive pills after sex but i have stopped using them since past 3 years, what to do to get my normal periods back
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need evaluation to know the cause.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the query.

After analyzing your complaints, I feel you need to get evaluated for the same: My opinion is you need to undergo few investigations to find out the exact cause, then depending on this you need specific treatment:

Thyroid function test (t3, t4 and TSH-thyroid stimulating hormone) levels, serum prolactin level, and scan pelvis to know any problem with uterus also to know the endometrial thickness.

One more possibility is D&C (dilatation curettage- done for abortion), but I hope you have never undergone any D&C.

Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!