Scanty periods. Does this indicate fertility issues?

I have scanty periods which last for 1.5 days since 4-5 months. I age 29, and got married 10 months back. Earlier I use to get around 4 days period. We are planning to conceive. Does this indicate fertility issues?.. Period cycle is 28 days, and periods are regular. Does low haemoglobin could one of the factors leading to scanty periods?
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 2 hours later
yes low hemoglobin can cause less menses . if you have gained weight it can also cause scanty menses . pl do Transvaginal scan for poly cystic ovaries . if cycles are anovulatory then conception might be an issue . pl maintain BMI below 23
Follow-up: Scanty periods. Does this indicate fertility issues? 51 minutes later
my BMI is 20.7.
I am in process of getting blood test done, which would get my haemoglobin checked.
Further, i am also planning to get AMH test done.
Apart from AMH test, do i require to go for Transvaginal scan for poly cystic ovaries ?
I understand that anovulatory cycle means there is bleeding without ovulation.
However, how to check whether I am ovulating. Any test which i can do at home? Also what are the symptoms of anovulatory cycle?
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 3 hours later
there are ovulation kits available in the market which can be bought over the counter and are inexpensive . they are not very accurate. AMH is done fasting pl do it. you may Transvaginal ultrasound follicular monitoring to know ovulation. this will also see polycystic ovaries