Scanty period, acne on face. Sonography showed mild PCOD. On aldactone, contraceptive pill. Chances of having normal period?

Hi, i m 23 year old female. I have been suffering from acne over last 3 years on and off. Have Been prescribed a certain set of drugs so now whenever my skin has a bad outbreak i take thm myself. I have been taking XXXXXXX 35 oral contraceptive pill and aldactone 100 mg over last 2 months. But what i have observed is my period has become very very scanty(i have 1/5th of bleeding now compared to my normal periods) i think because of dianne and i feel heavy and i feel my periods r not clearing out like it used to before. About 4 years back i got my sonography done and i was detected with very mild pcods but i have never missed a period in my life yet, though i have a problem of facial hair n have a tendency to put on weight. I have also noitced that i have put on 3 kgs over last 2 months and i feel heavy in general. I m 5ft 4 inc , and i weight 71 kg now. I have decided to go off dianne now. Today is the 1st day of my cycle n i would want to know is there any medicine i cant ake to clear my periods completely? and since now i will not take XXXXXXX 35 anymore will my normal periods resume from next month?
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
You are having these problems like acne,facial hair growth due to polycystic ovarian syndrome.
First line of treatment for it is weight reduction by doing regular exercise & avoiding heavy & fast food. XXXXXXX 35 & Aldactone are given to treat PCOD & you can have scanty flow due to XXXXXXX 35.
Whenever you will stop it once you will get normal or heavy flow but due to PCOD you can have irregular periods later on.
So your weight reduction is mandatory for future safety.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Follow-up: Scanty period, acne on face. Sonography showed mild PCOD. On aldactone, contraceptive pill. Chances of having normal period? 1 hour later
How much weight do I need to reduce . ? I weigh 71 kgs now and height 5ft 4inches
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 4 hours later
Welcome back.
Ideally your weight should be 55-58 kg according to your height.
So atleast 12 kgs weight you should reduce.
I hope your query has been answered.
Thank you.