Scanty hair, prescribed Danclear shampoo, amexidil and follihair tablet. Any side effects?

Hi I am 27 yrs old , Female. My hair is very scanty and when consulted dermatologist following were recommended :

Danclear Shampoo ( once in a week to reduce dandruff , as dandruff prob is very lilttle)

Amexidil 5% (1ml morning and 1ml night - twice a day for 30days)

T.Follihair (1 tablet per day)

Also consulted for skin pigmentation near mouth and following were suggested:

- dermadew aloe cream

-desowen cream (angles of mouth)

Could you please suggest if above mentioned have any side effects?

Thanks in Advance and also read few of your reviews and found relevant hence asked. But sorry for the wrong post.

--Sneha M

Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Any medication is capable of causing adverse effect when they are irrationally used.
All the drugs which are prescribed to you when used as prescribed they are well tolerated and are safe.
Danclear shampoo, the main ingredient is ketoconazole. Topical use can sometimes cause rash, dermatitis, burning sensation, pruritus all these are due to hypersensitivity to the drug and usually very rare. I advice you to apply the shampoo on the forearm and observe for any reaction, before applying it.
Amexidil, minoxidil is the active ingredient, when used as prescribed hardly causes any side effect. In very few people it can cause lightheadedness, headache as side effect.
Main Ingredient Of Follihair are related alternative medicine supplements and vitamins, there side effect profile is not studied but commonly prescribed and very well tolerated.
Dermadew contains aloe vera gel, liquid paraffin and hardly causes any side effect.
Desowen cream can cause stinging, burning, itching, irritation, dryness, or redness may occur when first applied to the skin. This should disappear in a few days as your body adjusts to the medication. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your consulting doctor.
In brief i ask conclude saying this that the drugs prescribed when used as instructed rarely causes any side effect.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.