Scan showed single live intrauterine gestation of 35 to 36 weeks mild polyhydramnios. Any cure?

I am 35 Weeks pregnant,I have done Ultrasonography today & report observations are as under-
LMP.29.03.2012, AMEN-35 W 6 days,
Right fetal kidney appears enlarged & measures 4.4 x 2.3cms. tha left kidney is small in size & measures 2.6 x 1.2cms most likely to be hypoplastic.
Impression - A single live intrauterine gestation of 35 to 36 weeks mild polyhydramnios.
Right compensatory hypertrophies. Right kidney & left hypoplastic kidney.

I m worried so mush, will it be XXXXXXX for my baby in future,Is there any solution for this,
What are the chances of getting normal functioning of kidneys, please suggest.
Posted Tue, 25 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 12 minutes later

Your child is having small sized left side kidney and it shall remain like that only. Nothing can be done to improve it. In fact, there is a possibility that this kidney may shrink further after birth and may even completely disappear.

However, right kidney is functioning normal and your child shall not have any problem. Many children are born with single kidney and do not experience any problem in their lifetime. You really cannot do much but it should not worry you unduly. Stay calm and enjoy motherhood. Get an ultrasound for your child at 3 days of birth and then after 3 months.

All the best

Rajiv goel
Follow-up: Scan showed single live intrauterine gestation of 35 to 36 weeks mild polyhydramnios. Any cure? 1 hour later
Thanks For Answer.

with reference to your answer of my question, I would like to clarify things-
If my baby is girl,then will she have problem in her motherhood?Can we do for kidney transplant for the baby in future?Will he/she will be physically incapable for sports activity?Or he/she can have life like normal children.

What are the causes of such things happening?And in future for my second time will the same problem be there?can it be avoided during pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later

The child shall lead absolutely normal life; he or she can be allowed to live as any other child; all physical activities allowed. It shall not be problem for motherhood even if she is baby girl. She shall not need transplant.

It is very difficult to say why this happened. It may or may not happen the next time. You don't have increased chances next time; the chances are the same as for any other woman.

Rajiv Goel