Scan showed ovarian cyst. Called by doctor. Anything to worry about?

i have a cyst on my left ovary was 3.3mm in first scan went for another scan dont know what size it is now but my doctor has called me in to see, anything to worry about?
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question. Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

This is most likely nothing to worry about. These types of cysts are very common and they generally come and go from time to time. It would be a good idea for your doctor to perform a thorough physical examination as well.

If you're having any additional symptoms your doctor might suggest some additional tests but at this point I do not see anything to worry about.

Thank you again for submitting your question. XXXXXXX not hesitate to ask additional questions related to this if you have them.

Dr. Rob