Scan showed hypoechoic texture with sepate N single intrauterine pregnancy. Meaning?

Question
a sol of approx 5.59 cm into 4.1 cms is seen in the right ovary .a sol has a hypoechoic texture with sepate N single intrauterine pregnancy of 6.1 weeks of gestation with short cervical length and ovarian cyst .cardiac pulsation is not detected by the doppler.decidual reaction is seen.is there some complicacy .kindly reply as early as possible .thank you
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 15 minutes later

Let me answer your query one by one.
1. single intrauterine pregnancy of 6.1 weeks of gestation: This suggest you are pregnant with a single fetus.

2. cardiac pulsation is not detected by the Doppler. Usually heart beat appears at 5 weeks. But in some cases it may appear at 7 weeks also. So you need not worry as long as you are not having bleeding per vagina.

3. a sol of approx 5.59 cm into 4.1 cms is seen in the right ovary .a sol has a hypoechoic texture with sepate. This shows you are having a cyst in right ovary. However ovarian cyst during pregnancy is common. It will shrink as pregnancy advances. You need to get a follow up scan after 4 weeks to see if cyst is reducing in size. No intervention is required as on now.

So the gist is you can wait for one more week for baby's heart rate to be vissible and then take a decision.

I would like to know if :
1. Do you have pain abdomen?
2. Do you have bleeding per vagina.
3. When was your first day of last menstrual period?

Waiting for your reply,
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Scan showed hypoechoic texture with sepate N single intrauterine pregnancy. Meaning? 2 hours later
Dear doctor,kindly find the answers of your queries-
1. Do you have pain abdomen?
Ans- NO
2. Do you have bleeding per vagina.
Ans-NO
Ans-JAN 10 th

PS- I forgot to mention that about six months ago i had undergone an abortion.Also note that i undergone the abortion just after one week of detection of pregnancy.plz help me as i am very much troubled.

With regards

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 48 minutes later
Thanks for the reply.

Since you do not have any symptoms, i suggest you to wait for one more week.
If fetus is growing properly, heart rate will be visualized in another 1 week.
So do not worry. Be positive. Continue folic acid tablets

Hope this helps,
regards,
Dr Nilofer