Ask a Urologist   »  

Scan report showed prostatomegaly. Can this be prostrate cancer? Suggest treatment

Jul 2016

Dear doctor I am 38 years old i have done psa my total psa was 0.81 & my free psa was 0.52 is it normal i have done ultra sound showed normal prostate size 3.5 3.4 3.4 doctor did the usg scan i scanned 3 t mri 2 days later for prostate it showed prostatomegaly size 4.2 2.7 4.2 iam confused can you please tell me what i should do further should i go for treatment why these differences in scan can i prevent prostate enlargement iam worried for prostate cancer. currently iam having mild urinary symptoms i dont wake at night and go. i pressed my pennis very hard some blood came out then i went for scan
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer: It is definitely not Prostate Canver. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have lots of anxiety regarding your reports . In absence of any urinary symptoms and normal P.S.A. values there is no possibility of cancer of the prostate.or Enlarged prostate at the age of 38 years. The slight difference between two scanning report done over a period of two days can be due to error of judgement by a Radiologist and should not be given too much importance. Enlarged prostate is an ageing process and can not prevented by any medicines. Normally it starts at the age of 55 years onwards and progress gradually.However with advances in modern technology of endourology it has been very safe to treat this problem with 0.2% morbidity. Please do not over stretch your anxiety about the problem which you do not have. Bleeding that you have on squeezing penis could be due to trivial trauma and can be treated with a course of antibiotic and anti inflammatory medication for a week. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil. .
Follow-up: Scan report showed prostatomegaly. Can this be prostrate cancer? Suggest treatment 8 hours later
Dear Dr XXXXXXX Thank you for your reply is it enough to go for Checkup every year should I go for urologist often to check Kidney, Prostate, bladder
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer: No need to check up every year. Detailed Answer: Thanks for follow up. Normally no check up is required every year up to the age of 55 Hhowever one can consult qualified Urologist if you have any urinary symptoms . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.