Scalp pain causing feeling of mild headache, habit of dying hair. Cause and suggestions?

I have scalp pain but feels like a mild headache. Some days it can get on my nerves and I worry about it and other days I just deal with it. I just feel I have a soar head like I had a ponytail in my hair. Can you help tell me what this is or what can I do? Should I have an MRI done? I have dyed my hair for years could it be from that? I also have some neck stiffness due to working on the computer.
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 4 hours later
Thanks for the query
I understand your concern
Your mild headache could be related to tension headache and poor neck posture. If you do not have symptoms like fever, neck pain, vomiting, loss of consciousness any time, weakness of any side, then you need not do any scan as of now. You need to stay relaxed, and try to maintain a good posture while working on the computer and maintain a disciplined life. You may take a short course of medications like amitryptiline which will help you .

Please let me know in case you have any other concern