Scalp dandruff, itchiness, hair loss, chronic condition. Treatment ?

Hi, It would b helpful if u provide me the solution for my hair loss. I have hair loss for nearly 5 years.I have little dandrauf too in top of the head, please note that dandrauf is not present all over the head, there is little itchying too.Please suggest me a solution. Thanks, XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 9 hours later

I would take up the second problem first. Your problem of localised dandruff could amount to seborrhoeic dermatitis. this condition itself will produce hair loss. all you have to do is
1. Wash your scalp and hair with ketaconazole shampoo for example Arcxolane which is an international brand. this shoud be applied on the scalp and rinsed after five minutes.
2. Continue this once a week even if you are better as dadruff or localized flakes on the scalp is due to a combination of fungus, dust and oil
3. Reduce oil application on scalp and if needed apply and wash in half an hour
4. Take oral biotin tabs 5 mg per day
5. In addition, if you have male pattern baldness you may have to use minoxidil 5%, twenty drops twice a day.

Remember that all these treatments are only temporary and you may have to use them till you want a good hair and free of scaling of scalp.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.