Savlon applied wen I felt itching in my genitals,, around

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
Savlon applied wen I felt itching in my genitals,, around my anus , penis every of that delicate area is having burning sensations. My testacles skin has swallon up, applied aloe XXXXXXX and curd for some relief but still am struggling
Posted Sat, 2 Dec 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Irritant dermatitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you.

I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist).
I have noted your concern.
You seem to have developed irritant dermatiti to Dettol.
I suggest you to apply a moderately potent topical steroid e.g mometasone furoate 0.1% cream, twice daily. It is a prescription steroid.
In addition you may also take a tab. cetrizine once daily for symptomatic relief from itching.

Follow-up: Savlon applied wen I felt itching in my genitals,, around 29 minutes later
My testacles have inflammation if I could forward you the image for better view. This burning sensations is killing me, I shall apply the ointment mentioned. If u could help me to know the commercial name for the ointment. I shall revert you after application

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Upload images

Detailed Answer:
Thank you

You may upload images in "Reports Section" or you may mail me the images at YYYY@YYYY with the subject line of the mail as Attention:Dr. kakkar.

Follow-up: Savlon applied wen I felt itching in my genitals,, around 12 hours later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Irritant dermatitis to Savlon

Detailed Answer:
thank you.
I have viewed the image. The scrotal skin seems inflammed and it certainly is due to irritant dermatitis to savlon - savlon burn.
I suggest you to apply either fluticasone propionate 0.05%cream(Flutivate cream) Or Mometasone furoate 0.1%cream(Momate cream), twice daily for a week.