Samonella typhi H and salmonella typhi O are in normal limits. Am I at risk of typhoid?

Hello doctor, I have Samonella typhi H = 1;80 and salmonella typhi O = 1;160., Is it show that I have typhoid.? Pls reply.
Posted Sun, 6 Jan 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later
Thanks for writing
Your O and H antibodies titre is within normal limits. It doesn't show that you are infected with typhoid. Just continue with same antibiotics and antipyretic. It looks like a viral fever.
Typhoid fever is step ladder pattern fever. It is high grade. Also widal test should be done in second week of illness.
Four fold rise in titre every week is significant only. Single widal test in endemic area is of no significance.
Hope I have answered your query. Any follow up are welcome.
Follow-up: Samonella typhi H and salmonella typhi O are in normal limits. Am I at risk of typhoid? 11 hours later
Hello Doctor,

Thanks for the information. I have taken the Blood test in the First week itself and it shows the WIDAL as 'Positive' and I have given the H, O values in the last query.
Do you want me to take the blood test again and check.?

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Hello, welcome back.

It will be helpful if you do it in second week again. If there will fourfold rise in titre then it will be significant.

One more important point, your physician has started treatment already. So test may come negative. If you are symptomatic then only going to test otherwise no need at all.
Unfortunately these are the side effects of widal test.

Hope you have received an appropriate answer.