Salty taste and white coating on tongue. Sinus infection and taking probiotics. Cut on vagina. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
daughter (20) has moved to tokyo from US on Sep 25 and is now settled in. Say off and on for several days noticed a salty taste and now has a coated white tongue. She also had some sort of sinus infection? (was coughing up green, yellow) though says it is better; takes allergy tabs in am (90 mg Allegra) and in pm (10 mg syrtec) routinely; also takes a probiotic dietary supplement; from XXXXXXX 2013-June 2013, took a variety of antibiotics prescribed by dermatologist to try to bring moderate acne under control; suspension of antibiotics saw (incredibly) slight improvement in skin! Daughter's allergist does not think a nasal spray Fluticasone, begun Sep 16 2013, is the trouble; no tongue swelling thank goodness; nasal spray would have overlapped with the flight & nasal troubles/sore throat acquired during flight & exhaustion of first days. Saughter also mention it fetl like there was a 'cut' on the left inside of her vagina, this was about 12 hours before she noticed her period beginning, however, and sometimes there is irritation. When I next contact her, I will ask about vaginal symptoms (she hasn't mentioned any others). In the meantime, do we follow through with any self-care strategies, try to speak with a dentist or general physician? If this is "simply thrush," does it clear up if left untreated?
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can use monistat cream

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.
Vaginal thrush may not resolve if left untreated.
She may be having candidial infection she can get OTC Miconazole cream.

Miconazole (Monistat vaginal cream): Five grams of this cream are applied every day, using a special applicator, for seven days

For her allergic episodes of sinus infection she can take montelukast consulting your doctor.
She also needs to improve immunity to combat against allergic episodes.

You can consult physician for detailed study.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.