Salty body odour. On Atkins diet. Should be concerned?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I been on a XXXXXXX type Dr prescribed diet for a week now. My hands have a funny salt like smell that I can't get rid of. Any reason to be concerned?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later

Atkin's diet is a high protein diet. This kind of a diet can cause altered body odor and increased sweating due to increased metabolic rate of the body.

If you are not having any other symptoms other than altered smell in hands, I do not find any reasons to concern. You can continue with your regimen.
Be careful to have plenty of fluids and keep on monitoring your liver and renal functions regularly.

I hope this answers your query effectively. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health.