Saline implants done, lump on breast. Is this cancerous?

General Surgeon
I had saline implants done 12years ago and I always do monthly BSE. This week I noticed a lump on top of my right breast implant where my boyfriend was kissing my breasts. I am bruised from him kissing and touching my breast but why would I end up w/ a lump? I am really scared this might be cancer. I went to see my ob gyn today & had it checked but I can't seem to focus & worry this might be cancerous.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 11 hours later

Thanks for nice query.     

It is very good habit to do breast self examination, especially after breast implant.

Any breast lump at this age must be examined by surgeon and followed by fine needle aspiration cytology and mammography.

Chances of post breast kissing lump is very very rare and most of time it is due to some infection, that also have sign and symptoms of infection. Bruised from kissing can lead to infectious lump.

There don`t appear to be any cause to worry, but fine needle aspiration cytology and mammography is must.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”.