Safe way to avoid 2 week old pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Hi Doc,

Is there any safe way to avoid 15 days old pregnancy?
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 8 minutes later

According to your question I am thinking that 15 days old pregnancy means, 15 days from the day intercourse.
That will become around 4 weeks pregnancy from the last menstrual period date in case of regular periods.
For this you have to consult gynecologist once, go for ultrasound to confirm the intrauterine pregnancy and to rule out the ectopic pregnancy.
After that you can go for medical termination of pregnancy by using pills with the doctor's advice.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Safe way to avoid 2 week old pregnancy? 10 minutes later
The expected menstrual date was 12th May. After we had an intercourse, next morning we checked it with pregnancy kit and the result was negative. As menstrual date has passed we again checked and the result was positive. Is there any possibility to avoid this pregnancy by any tablet?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 minutes later

Sometimes urine pregnancy test kits may not detect early pregnancy.
May be because of that your first test gave negative result.
And yes, early pregnancy can be terminated by using tablets.
But before that you have to confirm the intrauterine pregnancy as I told before.
Because if you use tablets without excluding the ectopic pregnancy that can lead to rupture of the sac.
So once consult gynecologist and proceed further.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.