Safe to take kalms while on lansoprazole and lisinopril?

can you take kalms while on lansoprazole and lisinopril?
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 1 hour later
Dear Sir,

Kalms is a herbal product, which contains valerian extract and is used for encouraging sleep. As per literature only limited data is available on interactions of this product with other drugs. Its effects may be potentiated by alcohol, sedatives and hypnotics. It should not be taken by pregnant and lactating ladies.

However, there are no trials available (from manufucturer's brochure) examining the interaction between KALMS & LISINOPRIL/LANSOPRAZOLE. the literature also recommends that you must tell your physician about starting Kalms, if you are on any prescription drug.

Hence, I can't surely say that these drugs will not interact adversely or they will interact adversely. But, as mentioned by manufacturers, you must involve your physician in this decision making (to start KALMS).

I hope I cleared the status on this issue.

Sukhvinder Singh