Safe to increase synthroid dosage despite normal TSH result?
User rating for this question
My current OB/GYN wants to increase my synthroid to 100 mcg. I have been taking 50 mcg for 7+ years. My TSH was above the normal range so she had me take 75 mcg for the past 6 weeks and re-do the blood test. My TSH just came back at 2.56 (within the normal range), however, she wants me to increase to 100mcg and take the test again in 6 weeks. Is it safe/recommended to increase to that level? I don't understand why I can't stay at 75 mcg if my test results are within the normal range.
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: It's absolutely safe to take 100 micro grams Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Ms The normal replacement dose of thyroxine or Synthyroid is 100 micro grams. In normal clinical practise Physician start with lower dose and escalate It to 100 micro grams per day. It's just individual preference of Physician. It's absolutely safe to take dosage of 100 micro grams without any fear of causing Hyperthyroidism. Rest be assured there is no cause for concern. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon
People also viewed
- Can sides of hips be due to fibromyalgia?
- Low tsh with synthroid
- What are the symptoms of chronic hives ?
- Can pulmonary fibrosis cause a dry cough?
- Post testosterone ftm attention deficit
- Can i increase my dosage for an increased synthroid
- Safe to increase synthroid dosage despite normal tsh result
- What are the symptoms of vaginal dryness?
- Astaxanthin thyroid autoimmune
- Are headache symptoms of west nile virus?
- Astaxanthin for hashimotos thyroiditis
- Can astaxanthin help hypothyroidism
- Astaxanthin effect and hashimoto
- 25 mcg synthroid tsh still 335
- Tsh level 53 does this require synthroid