Safe to drop micardis and norvasc and increase dosage of minipress?

XXXXX again may I ask if micardis and norvasc were dropped andminipress dosaged was increased would this compensate? as following the stroke I have had a high blood pressure hence the reason for so many drugs. now blood pressure averages 148/80 but I must elliminate this horrible itch--await your reply

All my life I have suffered severe migrainefrom the age of 12 years and having a stroke in January 013 I beleive there to be some simularity as both have very similar characteristics
Is this the case?Regards--- Darryl morris
Regarding previous issue I attended my specialist regarding the itch problem so 3drugs were removed Ezetrol=HydralazineHydrochloride=Norvasc and replaced withMinipress
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The drugs can be compensated with minipress but you must get a frequent monitoring of BP during initial period to make sure the switch happen smoothly.
Migraine and stroke symptoms may seem intermingled but the two diseases are categorically different in etiology and management.
The itch will surely resolve in few days if induced by drug.
Get reviewed by a local dermatologist if it does not in two weeks.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.