Safe method of abortion. Any problems in conceiving after an abortion?

i am 28 married and confirmed the pregnancy with preganews. this is my first time preganancy. but we got a immigration so need to fly to austrailia with my we are not ready for baby yet.
please suggest the safe way to get rid of pregnancy. its less than 30days pregnancy.
and please suggest any longterm effect in future concieving ?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 12 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

If you are not ready for pregnancy yet, you can terminate pregnancy medically using certain medications. Medical termination of pregnancy is governed by laws of the land.

You need to consult a gynecologist who will prescribe you medication that will cause abortion. These medications when consumed can cause heavy bleeding, pain, dizziness for a few days. The symptoms are signs of abortion.

A detailed evaluation and a repeat USG scan is entailed after 14 days to see if complete termination has occurred. Sometimes if retained products of conception are left which are removed by curettage.

Abortion is associated with minimum risk when performed under the guidance of an expert gynecologist. Further risks to fertility can be avoided too. The risks to health, fertility and even life are more when one attempts abortion by an unsafe method.

Hence I recommend you to visit a Gynecologist for the needful.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up query if any.

Follow-up: Safe method of abortion. Any problems in conceiving after an abortion? 55 minutes later
is it recommended for medical abortion? as our parents will be objecting for the same but we need to settele down prior to baby. please mention the future concieving problem in long term. as we can compromise with anything but not the family ethics.
need to know is it ethical or medically it will be ending of life.... i am in a very tight fix.... Emotionally i dont want to get rid but practically it will complicate our carrier and future...... what do you suggest?
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 2 hours later

Thanks for the follow up.

If both the partners are ready then abortion can be performed and if it is done under expert guidance then future problems in conceiving are not expected.

I can understand your emotional conflict. But, regarding the termination, it is entirely your choice and I cannot suggest you whether you should go for it or not.

You and your partner can sit down and discuss this together as baby comes with a lot of responsibilities.

Hope it helps to solve your query.

Wish you good health.