Sacralization of L5S1, back pain, annular bulge. Is physiotherapy, ultrasound and exercise required?

Recently I have been diagonised as a problem of L5S1 Sacralaization with fuse state.
I will have lower back ache all the times and I am not able do my routine work comfortably.

Almost two years back, i had been diagnosied as L5S1 annular bulge and unfortunately, no one gave me a proper treatment, and now the same problem has protruded till the sacralization.

Right now I am undergoing Physiotherapy & Ultrasound therapy followed by exercises every days from past 5 days and seems to be like I've a slight relief from pain.

Please let me know the treatment which I am undergoing is as required or not. If not, also let me know the treatment which reduces pain and corrects the L5S1 position(Reduces sacralization).

Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Sacralization of the fifth lumbar vertebra is a congenital anomaly associated with low back pain.

The treatment with physiotherapy to strengthen the lower back is the only established remedy for the problem.It does help on long run and has convincing results.

Proceed with the current treatment as it is the best for it.

Hope I have answered your query.