Ask a Urologist   »  

SLE with an estimated GFR. Done with haemoglobin, DNA and ALT test. Any kidney problem?

Dear Doctor,
I have SLE with an estimated GFR of 98, ACR of 5.1 mg,Nuclear AB is A positive,DNA double strand 542 IU/ml, ALT 51, with a urine protein level showing 1 gl, hemoglobin indicating moderate, red blood cells showing 11-30 per HPF, and a platelet count of 100/10*9L..... curious to know if this is a sign of kidney involvement?
Thanks very much!
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later

I have read your query with diligence.

I am sorry that you are suffering from SLE. However, your GFR is at very normal limits at 98. Rest of the reports is normal as well. A urine protein of 1g/dl is not a good sign although it is expected in this range in kidney involvement in SLE. You need to monitor the levels every 6 months. As you know, you must get a urine routine done every 6 months.

Kidney is the most important and predominant organ involved in SLE. Your current values do not indicate a chronic damage to the kidneys. You may relax and go ahead in life.

I wish you good health.

Let me know if you have more concerns.

Follow-up: SLE with an estimated GFR. Done with haemoglobin, DNA and ALT test. Any kidney problem? 45 hours later
Thank you Dr.Shanthi. I appreciate your reply.

Best regards,
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Thank you too XXXXXX

Please rate my answer and leave a review, if time permits.

Wish you good health.