SGPT 32 mg/ dl and SGOT 30 mg/dl. Should I take medicines?

MY SGPT 32 mg/ dl SGOT 30 mg/dl should i take medicines ? what type medicines ?
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
The normal SGOT range for adults in most labs is 0 to 35 units per liter (U/L) and normal SGPT range in adults is 20 to 40 units per liter.The normal range may vary slightly from lab to lab. Normal ranges are usually shown next to your results in the lab report.

Since both the enzymes are within normal limits,there is no need to take any medication.
Please revert to me for any further concern or issue.
Best of luck
Follow-up: SGPT 32 mg/ dl and SGOT 30 mg/dl. Should I take medicines? 17 hours later
as a part of job i travelal frequently. always taking out side food. any precaution to be taken pl guide. thanks
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 20 hours later
Thanks for writing back to us.
Even if you're taking outside food, make sure it is steamed or boiled as that kills most of the bacteria present in the food. Also, make it a point to carry mineral water bottles/water from home to totally avoid water from outside.
Avoid milk products, water based products, cut fruits and vegetables and non-vegetarian food as these are the frequent causes of food poisoning.
since this food often has a lot of oil, it's better if you choose grilled/baked items and soups etc to make sure you dont gain a lot of water.
Hope you found this useful