SGOT is 80U/L and G-Glutamyl transferase is 172U/L. Liver function normal. Having hiccups. What to do?

My SGOT is 80U/L and G-Glutamyl transferase is 172U/L. all other liver function test are ok. I am having HICCUP for last 72hrs continuously..... What to do?
my email address: YYYY@YYYY
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
Your liver functions are deranged although quite mildly. This shows a liver insult, cause can be a hepatitis virus infection like hep.A,B,C or E or other hepatotropic virus infection, fatty liver due to erratic dietary habits or alcohol intake or may be due to some drug or any toxic foods.
You should get a repeat full liver function test including bilirubin levels, SGOT/SGPT/Alk.phosphatase ,Albumin and Prothrombin time in a week's time to see the trend to decide about management, Also get an Ultrasound of whole abdomen to assess the liver.
The hiicogh can be due to inndigessttioon and acciditty, over the counter aanttiiacidity drugs like Diggeene, ranitidine etc. may provide relief.
Meanwhile avoid alcohol if any, avoid fast foods, fried and fatty foods and nonvege if any.
If you have yellowish discoloration at sclera of the eyes XXXXXXX skin and urine, which suggests jaundice then you should get evaluated by a local physician and would need urgent medical attention.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.
Follow-up: SGOT is 80U/L and G-Glutamyl transferase is 172U/L. Liver function normal. Having hiccups. What to do? 24 minutes later
inflammation inside throat cause irritation on Tuesday afternoon, citrizin was taken and within 15 min the hiccough. has started. Still now it is continued.. HOW IT CAN BE STOPPED?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
Welcome back to healthcare Magic!
You can try this.
Chew a Digene tab. And after half an hour drink about 400ml plain water, slightly cold and rest in upright posture for next one hour.
It has worked for most of my patients.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!