Ask a Urologist   »  

Ruptured penis,bleeding,sore,itchy,painful

Trapped my penis in between my abdomen and my underwear and

continued to pee. It hurt immediately burning so I stopped.

I then proceeded to bleed out the tip of my penis. it stopped

by end of day
now 4 weeks later is still sore , my pee stream is good its

just sore to the touch /sometimes itchy/ache at base where

trapped it., is this normal just a worrier XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 26 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the question.

It is very likely that you caused a minor degree of trauma to the urethra which contributed to the burning and bleeding which you experienced.

The soreness will likely persist for a few more weeks. I recommend you use some topical moisturizing cream to the penis once daily to keep the area well hydrated and to promote healing. I recommend something with aloe vera in it for a moisturizer. What you might also do is take some ibuprofen 200 mg tablets three of four times per day for a few days to see if this helps.

Thanks again for submitting the query. I hope you found my response to be both helpful and informative. If you have any additional followups I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga
Follow-up: Ruptured penis,bleeding,sore,itchy,painful 9 hours later

Thankyou so much this has reassured me :)
is it ok to take the ibuprofen as i suffer from acid reflux gerd i have omeprazole to take for it when it gets bad ? should i take both or is there a differnt combination i could take ? thx David
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 18 hours later

I recommend you take naproxen instead twice daily as directed on the bottle. It is a bit less rough on the stomach and is a good anti-inflammatory.

Thanks again for the query and followup. I am here for you if you have any additional concerns.

Dr. Galamaga