Ruptured hymen,vaginal burn,sore,painful intercourse,bleeding,cramps

My husband broke my hymen about two weeks ago. I then had my period, which lasted for 5 days, a few days afterwards. For the past two days, I've been feeling a burning inside my vagina during intercourse. I feel sore, and it's painful, causing me to tighten up. There was a small smear of blood on my husband's penis a few days ago as well. Today I have cramps. Is this normal?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 3 hours later

Yes, it is normal.

Burning and pain are normal after first sexual intercourse.

Hymen is a thin membrane covering the vagina and when breaks it causes bleeding and pain.

Cramps can be due to Vaginismus(a condition which affects a woman's ability to engage in any form of vaginal penetration, including sexual intercourse) or dysmenorrhoea (painful menstruation).

I would suggest you to just relax during the act of sexual intercourse.

You can take a simple analgesics like Paracetamol after food if the pain is severe.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for your follow up queries if any.