Runny milky white discharge before passing urine, on periods due. Cause?

I noticed a runny white discharge milky in texture, practically nothing on my underwear just noticed it before i went to the toilet, i am due my period in approx 3-4 days
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 minutes later
The runny white discharge is likely to be due to thin vaginal mucosa, retained semen after an intercourse or a normal vaginal secretions.
It is not uncommon for a woman during her fertile years to experience white watery vaginal discharge around periods which advocates that the hormonal influences are intact. Clear and watery discharge occurs at different times of your cycle and can be particularly heavy after exercising or doing some strenuous physical activity.

This discharge is formed by the normal bacteria and fluids the vaginal cells put off and it can be more noticeable at different times of the month depending on ovulation and menstrual flow but sometimes the discharge can be dark, brown or discolored.

I want you to be aware of symptoms like, yellow or green colored discharge, discharge with bad odor, or if it is clumpy or cheese like. Watch out for itching, discomfort, rash or sores along with a vaginal discharge. If you happen to notice any of the above mentioned symptoms, seek instant medical help.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.