Running up hill. Pressure in upper lungs and a type of brain seizure. Told as hyper expansion of the arterial walls. Suggest the cure?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
I started running up hill as fast as I could, two days in a row. Out of shape to begin with. Next day, I experienced pressure in upper lungs, and in addition to this, a type of brain freeze. Lasts approx. 2 to 5 minutes. Has been 7 days since the vigorous run, not near as frequent, only a hint of discomfort a few times a day. Almost feel like old self again...should I be concerned? I'm 52. I was told that it could be a hyper expansion of the arterial walls, due to lack of hyper use, or of course blockage(widow maker) Thanks! YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take your exercise more slowly in the early stages

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
If you are out of shape then sudden vigorous exercise is not advisable. The symptoms you experienced may have been due to slight exercise-induced asthma which can occur if you are unused to regular exercise and then over do it. It would appear that you have recovered from the initial exertions.
Exercise is good for cardiovascular health but I suggest you take it more slowly and graduate your increase in activity. In answer to your question, you need not be concerned, you will not have any lasting adverse effects. However, you may benefit from the help and advice from a personal trainer who will be able to tailor an exercise programme to your needs.
I hope this is of help to you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,