Running temperature with leg pain. What could be the reason?
User rating for this question
My body temp has been running 97.7 when I get up and goes down during the day . its gone as low as 95.2. My legs have been hurting and also headache going up back of my neck.
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Rule out infection Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX, Thanks for the query. Low grade fever, myalgias (muscle aches) and headaches all would be compatible with a harboring or evolving infection; at this stage you don't seem to have clear localizing symptoms ast to where the infection may be coming from (gut, respiratory tract, urinary tract, etc), so I advise you to keep on monitoring for those. Judicious use of acetaminophen or a benign anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofen or naproxen is reasonable for you to be more comfortable in the interim. Yours truly, Dr Brenes Salazar Mayo Clinic MN
People also viewed
- What is injection dilzem effect ?
- Side leg pain while running
- Nitroglycerin lidocaine ointment
- Grade 1 anterior low lying placenta covering the os
- What could be the reason for having severe leg pain
- Long-term zinc supplementation
- Will hpv mess up a pregnancy
- Melatonin oral liquid
- What does it mean when your xiphoid process hurts?
- Melatonin with lexapro
- Tightness across back of leg painful what could be this
- What could be the cause of intense leg pain
- Vomiting diarrhoea severe leg pain what it could be
- Lisinopril monitoring parameters
- I have a random black spot on my leg