Running temperature with leg pain. What could be the reason?

My body temp has been running 97.7 when I get up and goes down during the day . its gone as low as 95.2. My legs have been hurting and also headache going up back of my neck.
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Rule out infection Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX, Thanks for the query. Low grade fever, myalgias (muscle aches) and headaches all would be compatible with a harboring or evolving infection; at this stage you don't seem to have clear localizing symptoms ast to where the infection may be coming from (gut, respiratory tract, urinary tract, etc), so I advise you to keep on monitoring for those. Judicious use of acetaminophen or a benign anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofen or naproxen is reasonable for you to be more comfortable in the interim. Yours truly, Dr Brenes Salazar Mayo Clinic MN