Run around 20 kms a day, feeling pain under rib cage. What could be the cause?

hi...i am a cross country runner and run around 20 kms a day......from last two days,i am feeling pain under my right rib starts after around two kms of running....and had serious effects on my timings,beside this i am feeling quite weak from last 2-3 days.....what could be the possible reasons for it?
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 29 minutes later

Thanks for asking.

Pain under the right rib cage can having multiple causes:

Muscular - because of stretching of some muscle while running.
Kidney Stones- renal stones tend to cause pain with movement, probably running in your case.
Pleuriitc pain- because of stretching of the pleura if a person has having doctor to narrow down on these choices, may need x-ray chest along with the scanning of the kidney area to reach a diagnosis.

Please let me know if you need further information.