Rubber sex toy has a black spot, haven't shared it. Will the mold result in infection?

I'm 24 and after using my rubber sex toy today i realized it has a black spot on it. I do not share this toy with any other partners. If this is mold, will it give me an infection? will it harm my health? should i be worried?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
A black spot on the rubber toy can be a mold but other possibilities are also there. You can wash the toy with soap and water to see if the spot can be removed.
If it is actually a mold then it can cause the vaginal infection.
You need to watch out for any abnormal vaginal discharge or change in color, consistency or smell of the vaginal discharge.
In case there is a change in vaginal discharge then vaginal swab culture will help in determining the type of infection and specific treatment will be given accordingly.
Minor vaginal infections are a common problem and can be adequately controlled with the help of medicines and timely treatment. There is nothing to worry.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.