Rubbed penis on vagina. Got late periods but stopped in 2 days. Pregnant?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
I rubbed my penis on her vagina in night n mrng but didnt insert into her. She got her periods after 3 days. But periods stopped completely after 2 days. Is she pregnant. .m worried ..pls ans..if not then y her periods stopped after 2 days? Her last mnth period only lasted 4 days widout any relations?
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
PREGNANCY NOT LIKELY.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Just by rubbing the penis on the vagina, there is almost zero chance of pregnancy.
ONce in a while, a period might last just for 2 days.
Stress and anxiety could lead to a scanty period.
Change of climate, change in food habits, sleep patterns, travelling, weight gain - all can cause this.
Thyroid hormone disturbances can cause scanty period.
Also, polycystic ovarian disease and other such conditions can cause decreased bleeding.
As this has happened only once, there is no need to worry.
Having sex just 3 days before periods also has very less chance of resulting in a pregnancy, and you did not even have vaginal penetration.
Please wait and watch, and if she develops symptoms like nausea etc, then please consult a gynecologist to rule out pregnancy or any of the above conditions.
Please feel free to ask any further follow up questions.

Follow-up: Rubbed penis on vagina. Got late periods but stopped in 2 days. Pregnant? 11 hours later
She is a virgin. Can a home pregnacy kit show if she is a pregnant or not within 10 days..n what are the initial symptoms of pregnancy?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
DETAILED BELOW

Detailed Answer:
A home pregnancy kit would show if she is pregnant or not only 3 weeks after conception.
As she is a virgin, pregnancy is virtually ruled out.
Early symptoms of pregnancy include -nausea, change of appetite, vomiting, breast tenderness, breast soreness, changes in weight etc.
Of course, none of these are reliable, the most reliable thing is skipping a period and having a positive pregnancy test.

Follow-up: Rubbed penis on vagina. Got late periods but stopped in 2 days. Pregnant? 6 hours later
My gf is also having problms of migranes and may be bcoz of dat she vomits frequently. Pls tell me how to cure migranes and as we are from orissa.pls tell me the bst medical help I can get here?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
DETAILED BELOW

Detailed Answer:
Migraine can be treated in two ways - rescue therapy and preventive therapy.
Painkillers, antivomiting medication, a class of drugs specific for migraine such as Sumatriptan etc. can be used.
Please consult a Neurologist, for confirming the diagnosis and initiating therapy.