Rubbed genital areas, no ejaculation, no insertion of penis, delayed periods, slight bleeding. Pregnancy?

Question
My girlfriend and I fooled around a couple weeks ago, rubbing our genital areas. I did not ejaculate nor did I insert my penis into her vagina. But now her period is late for a week, and she had some slight bleeding a week ago. Could she be pregnant? We are very worried, please help..
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Teen Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 56 minutes later
Hi there.

Thank you for posting your question.

Without ejaculating inside or at least very near her vaginal opening, there is little or no chance of your girlfriend becoming pregnant from the activity you describe.

Worry alone or stress can delay her period. Other possibility could be hormonal disturbances.

The quickest way to resolve this unnecessary worry is to do a pregnancy test and confirm.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Regards.