Round red patches on legs, itchy, skin dries and sheds, changed razors. Reason?

Dear Doctor,
I had a round, dark red patch on my XXXXXXX just one, thought it might have been a bug bite but I shaved my legs and the patches has now spread to both legs. The patches start very small, red, only slightly itchy then become very dry, the top layer of skin dries, is white and sheds, but the patch then only seems to get larger. The spots have not spread anywhere else, I have changed razors but the patches are not going away. I include a picture of the original patch and two smaller ones. Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks you, XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 1 hour later

Thank you for posting the query,

If the lesion is seen on both the legs then it shouldn't be a bug bite, as there is little chance that a bite would be bilateral.

Unfortunately the picture you have posted is not opening, hence I would request you to send it again.

However with the description there seems to be couple of possibilities. First , of an allergic reaction & second is of psoriasis.

Looking at the two possibilities, topical steroid would work good in both the conditions. Along with this you can also take oral antihistaminic tablet like cetrizine.

But if you can post me a picture of the lesion, I would be able to suggest you better.

Awaiting for your reply.

Dr.Bharat chawda