Rough cracks on buttocks, dry brown patches. Suggest?

ENT Specialist
I have brownish rough dry tissue on both sides of the crack of my buttocks. I think its been there quite a while, but localized. At times I think its clearing up and then it comes back. Now for the first time I also have dry brown patches on both butt cheeks. None of these itch. What are they?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 19 minutes later
Hi, thanks for the query,

Well, these localized, yellow patches over buttocks and cheek looks most probably like aesthenic gluteus XXXXXXX

Now let me tell you in detail, actually the buttucks has two muscles gluteus XXXXXXX and minimus, it is the largest muscle of the body, as the age advances the muscles of the body requires increased amount of nutrition, failing to get this, it starts degenerating, as it is the largest skeletal muscle, the symptoms appear first over it.
It manifests as localized white or yellowish patches over it,that later on shades off.

What you will have to now--

1- Increase protein content of your diet LIKE PULSES, GRAM, SOYA ETC
2- Drink plenty of fluids.
3-Take vitamin and mineral supplements.
4-If there is itching in that area then you may apply antiallergic cream like Caldecort ,it will definitely help you.
5- Keep the area clean to prevent secondary bacterial infection as it becomes easy to flare infection in that area.

Dont worry, try this for next 15 days and , I think you will definitely feel better.

Hope this will help you.

And I am ready for future follow ups (if any).

Follow-up: Rough cracks on buttocks, dry brown patches. Suggest? 46 minutes later
what about the brown patches on the lower cheeks that just recently appeared.
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 19 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me.

There is no correlation between these cheek spots and the spots over your buttocks, it is mere a coincidence.

The cheek spots are due to sun exposure. For this apply some antiallergic cream over the spots avoid direct sun exposure.

Wish you good health.