Roof of the mouth goes numb during meals, lump at the same place. Suggestion?

At lunch I notice the top of the roof of my month went numb. The feeling returned but now I have a lump there about the size of a quarter.
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 1 hour later
thanks for using health care magic.

There are two possible scenarios;
-either the mass was there long ago and has been gradually developing or
-the mass was of acute onset.

Acute onset is most often associated with consumption of hot food or a hard food that must have injured your palate first of all manifesting as a loss of sensation and then swelling. However, treatment is based only on pain killers as symptoms clear off within a couple of days.

The gradually growing mass could be a tumor and this can only be confirm by showing it to a medical doctor for examination and possible biopsy.

Hope this answers your query. If you have more query, i will be glad to help.
Best regards
Follow-up: Roof of the mouth goes numb during meals, lump at the same place. Suggestion? 2 minutes later
Thank you - I did eat a hot dog and the first bit was rather warm so this must be it. I will take some Aleve and of course Ice Cream:)
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 24 minutes later
thank once more for the query.

You should feel better within a couple of days say three to seven days.

If you do not have further query, you could close the discussion and rate the answers.
Best regards