Rolled ankle, swollen, hurts to put pressure, burning sensation. Should I have it looked at?

I rolled my ankle on Sunday evening, jumping down from the seat of a boat to the floor of the boat. My ankle bone actually hit the floor. Immediate swelling over and around the ankle (outside), wrappping around the left side and up above into my lower leg, stopping just below the calf. It really hurt to put pressure on my foot until yesterday (Tuesday). I can walk flat footed since yesterday, but if I turn my foot left or right I get a sharp pain under the outside of my ankle... Obviously it is a sprain, but I am wondering if I should have someone look at the fact that I am have a burning sensation that radiates from the outside of the ankle up the side of my lower leg into my calf that seems to have started as of yesterday???
Posted Tue, 25 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 55 minutes later

If there is swelling appeared after a trauma to the joint or a limb it means that there is a ligament tear or a bone fracture.

Based on your description I feel there is a need for an X XXXXXXX of the involved joint as it could be a bone fracture or a ligament tear for sure.The burning sensation you have in the surrounding area could be due to compressed nerve in the fractured or disturbed joint.

Do get examined and get an X XXXXXXX done, do not delay as it may get harder to treat as times goes.Do apply DICLOFENAC gel over the affected area to reduce the pain.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you speedy recovery.