Risks of STD, Hepatitis or HIV after sucking breast? What test should be done?

I know this is a very common case, and I know that I don't really need to be worried.. BUt for the peace of mind I'm asking this question.

First let me describe you the situation:

3 days ago. In Hungary - Budapest.. I had some drinks but I was not drunk. I decided to get a street lady to my hotel room.

I am very careful of STD's and have read alot about them, so I first of all asked her to show me a condom. I got a sealed condom which I opened myself. She put it on my penis.

We got no vaginal sex and also no anal sex. No kisses, she gave me a massage, oral sex and hand job. Sure all with Condom.

After that, I had licked her breast. May be even sucked the breast (dont remember that good).

Now my question is, am I in risk for any STD and the most important is, am I in risk for Hepatitis or HIV?

I saw no blood, also saw no mother milk, but I am not very sure she had no milk on her nippels when I licked her.. I did not taste anything, but because I had some drinks, I am still thinking that may be this has happened.. And get very worried.

The reason I am very concerned, is that I had ulcers in my mouth which I get from time to time. Mother milk and ulcers?

Do I have to be worried and wait with stress on a HIV test?

Once again, I dont think so myself but just needed things to be confirmed.

Thank you.

Posted Sun, 16 Dec 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 2 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for your query.

Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), spread through exchange of blood and body fluids. Especially the HIV and like blood and sexual fluids. It does not spread by kissing, skin contact, massaging, etc. You have mentioned that you had a condom when you had oral sex, which was intact, there was no penetrative sex and that there was no 'exchange' of body fluids.

Regarding breast milk, these viruses are found in low concentrations, and so there has to be a significant amount of fluid passed on to be at risk for transmission. Since, this is clearly not the case in your situation, you don't have to worry about having contracted HIV or Hepatitis. So, like you have said, there is no need to be worried and stressed out about this.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist
Follow-up: Risks of STD, Hepatitis or HIV after sucking breast? What test should be done? 13 minutes later

Thank you very much. Yes your answer helps me getting out of my stress..

My concern was what if there was breast milk came on my mouth / tongue ulcer?

At the end, I did not taste anything.. No blood or milk.. Even dont saw but I just can't confirm 100%

So even then I can rest my mind?
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 21 minutes later
Hi again XXXXXXX

Like I had mentioned earlier, since HIV is found in relatively low concentrations in breast milk, unless and until you have come in contact with significant quantities of it, you are not at risk or transmission. In your case, you have not seen her obviously lactating and did not taste any milk in your mouth, which means that there was no contact with any significant quantity of breast milk. So, yes, you can rest your mind on this issue.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist