Risk of contracting HIV from oral sex?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Hi doctor
Last week I had oral sex twice with two different prostitutes on two different days. I used a condom when my penis was sucked by them. But I did NOT use any barriers when I was licking and eating their pussy. I am not aware of any ulcers in my mouth but I do have few active dental carries.
Am I at the risk of contracting HIV from them if they have it? What shall I do now? The last encounter was 4 days ago.
Thank you
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 8 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Oral sex with a woman carries a very low risk.

Presence of caries teeth does not increase the chances of risk as that of an ulcer or some other inflammatory conditions of gum or cheek.
So there is nothing to worry.

It is better to have a HIV screening once to rule out the lowest possibility. Either to have an Antigen test (P24 or DNA PCR) after 3- 4 weeks or to have the routine ELISA or a Rapid test after 12 weeks is advisable for you.

I am sure that you will get a negative result for HIV only.
Good luck to you.

Dr S.Murugan.