Rise in heart rate, BP, nausea, chest pain. Wants to do hysterectomy for endometriosis. ECHO, stress test normal. Treatment for rise in heart rate?

I was just wondering if indigestion can raise heart rate and blood pressure for a short time. I recently was cleared by a cardiologist for a hysterectomy due to endemitriosis pain. I've been having bouts of rapid heart beat, at times with nauseau. They did a 24hr monitor during which I had some mild heart rate elevation but nothing too noticeable. They also did an echocardiogram and a stress echo. All was fine and I was cleared to have surgery this coming summer when my daughter is out of school. However like today I am having really bad indigestion and some hard beats which is not unusual. I have PACs. I have periodic pain in the right side of my chest by my breast and it feels like it sometimes can be traced back to the center of my chest though the pain is mild there. What I noticed though was during that pain my heart rate jumped up to the 130-140s and my blood pressure went up to 143/78. It all lasted less than 20-30 minutes. Should I be worried something is up with my heart?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Indigestion specially gastro esophageal reflux can cause a rise in heart rate, palpitation and even sweating. Associated stress and anxiety might also aggravate the problem.
Since all your cardiac evaluation tests including a 24-hour monitoring was normal, i do not think there is any need to be worried now.
To avoid gas and indigestion, you can use over the counter products like antacids( tums), pepto bismol, digestive enzymes, activated charcoal, etc after consulting with your physician. Taking a proton pump inhibitor like omeprazole will help in early relief.
Please do not worry. There is no serious issue with you. You will be fine soon.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.