Ringing in the head. Causes?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
when i wake up there is ringing in my head what causes it. sometimes it goes way after i am up and sometimes it lasts all day.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later

Ringing in the head is most commonly caused by blocked ear canal by wax or infection. It can also be indicative of a middle ear disease. There may be a damage to the nerve endings responsible for hearing due to aging.

You need a thorough evaluation by an ENT specialist as there are various causes for these symptoms and they can be ruled out only after a Physical Examination. Once the cause is confirmed, you will be treated accordingly.

Till then avoid caffeine and smoking.

You can also add Zinc and Ginkgo Biloba supplements to your diet for relief.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.