Ringing in the ears, reddish spots on the skin, dizziness, bleeding gums. What could be the problem?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi I have ringing in the ears, also red spots on the skin which I have had for over a year, but more are coming out. I'm also getting dizzy spells. My gums are also bleeding a lot when brushing. Been to gp and they keep telling me I'm fine but I'm not convinced. Have you any ideas on what this could be??
Posted Sun, 10 Jun 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     34 year old male
•     Known case of fibromyalgia
•     Complaints of: ringing in ears, dizziness, bleeding gums and red spots on skin.

You case is interesting and but difficult too. Even your attending physician is facing to detect any problem. I will try to give my best effort to help you in this problem.

I would like to consider multiple possibilities in following hierarchy:
•     Vitamin deficiency: Get serum B12 and folate level. Start multi vitamins as they are easily available. Incorporates fruits in diet.
•     Thyroid related problem: get thyroid hormonal assay done
•     Anxiety disorder: As you already have fibromyalgia and it iscreases risk of having anxiety disorder. It need to be rule out by detailed interview by psychiatrist. Morning brisk walk help in anxiety.

Final message to you: Do not worry much about symptoms, follow above advice, stop substance use if any and take multi vitamins.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Ringing in the ears, reddish spots on the skin, dizziness, bleeding gums. What could be the problem? 7 minutes later
Thank you for your answer. You have told me more than my own doc has. I forgot to mention I also have tingling in my hands. I will try the vitamins as instructed. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 20 minutes later
Hello again,

Thanks for appreciation.

You also take vitamin C tablets as it help in gum bleeding. Apart from above lab tests have complete blood count too.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.
Regards.

Follow-up: Ringing in the ears, reddish spots on the skin, dizziness, bleeding gums. What could be the problem? 13 minutes later
I had blood work done. All normal except for high colestorol which was 5.8. It also said my saturation was low, but the gp never told me what low saturation means?

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 18 minutes later
Hello again,

You can attach your report to understand about saturation. It may be non significant as your GP was not concerned.

regards