Ring worm infection, on ring guard medication, temporary relief, problem recurring. Treatment ?

I am suffering from recurring Ring Worms,Tried Ring Guard works for a temporary period.Ringworm comes back again.Requires a Permanent solution for this problem .
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 30 hours later
Thanks for posting this query.

Recurrent ringworms is a common problem.
We should proceed in a step-wise manner.

Firstly, we need to ascertain that the rash you are having is actually a ringworm (fungal infection). For that I would first like to see a picture of the rash. You can upload it on the right hand side of the query page.

If needed I shall ask you to get some tests done. ( KOH(pottasium hydroxide) and Blood sugar levels- If they had not been done previously).

Secondly, the treatment would depend upon the loaction and the extent of the rash. For a small rash antifungal creams usually suffice, for large or multiple lesions, oral medication is warranted.

As of now, you may start applying a mild antifungal (lulifin) cream once daily after consulting physician.

Post your pics.
I shall have a look and revert back.
Also let me know if you are having Diabetes or not.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.