Right ventricular conduction delay in ECG, showed left axis deviation in past in ECG, now no left axis deviation. What caused this?

I had an ecg in April of 2010 with left axis deviation, in December there was no left axis deviation (axes normal)but a right ventricular conduction delay. What caused this?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

I can understand your concern for this EKG (Electrocardiogram) finding. Left axis deviation (LAD) may be a normal variant, particularly in obese or stocky individuals. The left axis deviation that was seen in April and not in December seems like an error in the EKG recording. It is either that you have a left axis deviation or you do not have it.

Secondly, Right ventricular conduction delay may also be found in some EKG’s but if you are not having any symptom of a cardiac disease like shortness of breath, chest pain, palpitation (awareness of one's heart beat) or dizziness then you should not worry.

If you are showing any of the above mentioned symptoms, then it is suggested to get an echocardiography of the heart done. Echocardiography is more specific in comparison to EKG. Your doubts on left axis deviation will be cleared on an echo.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.