Right tube removed due to ectopic pregnancy. Will it affect the ability of getting pregnant?

I have just had an ectopic pregnancy in my right tube, the right tube has been removed. The left tube appears normal but has peritubal adhesions, im scared that this is going to affect my ability to fall pregnant again. Any advice would be gratefully recieved XXXXXX
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later

You can have a normal pregnancy after an ectopic pregnancy. Even if one fallopian tube was removed, the remaining one should be enough to let you get pregnant again. Obviously,the chances of pregnancy in such patients is half that of normal women and therefore establishing a pregnancy may take twice as long.  Your doctor may suggest you wait from three to six months before trying to conceive.
Now since you have peritubal adhesions in other Fallopian tube,it becomes important to see the patency of tube by getting a HYSTEROSALPINGIOGRAPHY 
(HSG) done.
If the tube doesn't have any blockage then there is no problem.
If the tube has blockages,then we need to differentiate between intrinsic tubal damage and peritubal damage.
Surgical removal of adhesions in cases of peritubal damage is much more useful however surgery is not advisable for intrinsic tubal damage.
In such cases of intrinsic tubal damage,IVF is recommended for the pregnancy.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any other query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Right tube removed due to ectopic pregnancy. Will it affect the ability of getting pregnant? 16 minutes later
Thank you for the reply, i was unsure as to why she left the left tube in if there was any problems. Im scared of it happening again she said the tube had these adhesions but didnt say not to try again so this is why i am confused
If you want pregnancy then you can try and may have it naturally also.
It is only,if your natural try fails for one year to establish pregnancy,then IVF is advised.
You are most welcome to ask for any other query,if you wish.