Right side of middle to lower back is sore and tender to touch. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
The right side of my middle to lower back is sore and tender when I touch it.
Posted Thu, 4 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The pain in the right side of the middle back with raised liver enzymes is likely to be related to a liver pathology.
It can be due to a liver infection or congestion. An ultrasound scan will help in detecting the cause.
The other causes of back pain could be a muscular pain, bone infection, nerve root syndromes, renal stone, etc.
You need to consult your physician for a detailed examination to find out the cause. In the meanwhile, adequate rest, hot compresses, good analgesic medications and avoiding strenuous exercises will benefit you.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.